- flower people
- nouna youth subculture (mostly from the middle class) originating in San Francisco in the 1960s; advocated universal love and peace and communes and long hair and soft drugs; favored acid rock and progressive rock music• Hypernyms: ↑youth subculture
* * *noun plural
* * *flower children.[1965-70]
* * *Flower People noun(also without caps) colourfully dressed adherents of a movement (Flower Power; also without caps) arising in the mid-1960s which rejected materialism and advocated peace and universal love• • •Main Entry: ↑flower
* * *flower people,= flower children.
* * *young people in many countries in the 1960s who believed in peace and love, and were against war. They carried flowers or wore them in their hair as a symbol of their beliefs. They were part of the ↑hippie movement, and took part in many peaceful protests against wars, especially the ↑Vietnam War.See also ↑flower power
Useful english dictionary. 2012.